And Tuesday is done! Well at least the long part of Tuesday is done (work!) and the fun part of Tuesday starts, I’m heading out to meet up with my two good friends for dinner. Restaurant is to be determined but I’ll be sure to post a good (or bad) review tomorrow!
Last night, I made my go-to meal for the start of the week: salmon, sweet potato, and asparagus.
I used a new glaze for my salmon and it was really yummy, if you like mustard
- 1 TB dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- sprinkle of paprika
Mix together and rub on the salmon. Bake salmon, asparagus, and sweet potato on 425 for 22 minutes.
Note: I pierce and microwave my sweet potatoes for 3 mins each side to prep them for the oven and to just speed up the whole dinner process. Needless to say, I still didn’t eat til 9:15 PM last night! oh well!
As promised, here is the Total Body workout I did last night at the gym. (it was a Total Monday, not Total Tuesday but that title just sounded better 🙂 )
Total Body workout
- Test the Water Squat and Bicep Curl – place right foot on elevated aerobic platform, squat down and do bicep curl, do 15 reps with 8-10 lbs weight. Repeat on left side, rest 30 seconds, do 2 sets.
- Side Lunge with Shoulder Press – with 8-12 lb weights in hand, lunge to the right, step back to center and press weights over head into a press, do 15 reps on right side then 15 reps on left side. Repeat set 3 times.
- Warrior Three Tricep Row – with 8-12 lb weights in hand, bend at waist and raise right leg into warrior three yoga pose with arms hanging down, row weights up to shoulders 15 times. Repeat on left side 15 times. Repeat set 2 times
- Plank with Front arm Raise – with 5-8 lb weights in hand, get into plank position, raise right arm up and out in front of head, weights parallel with legs. Repeat 10 times on right and left side. Repeat set 3 times.
- Sumo Squat with Medicine Ball Raise – Squat down with 8-10 lb medicine ball in both hands, stand up and raise ball to eye level. Repeat 3 times
- Leg Lowers with Stability Ball and Chest Fly – Lie flat on back with stability ball in between legs, 8-10 lb weights in hands, raise hands over head and legs into air. Lower legs down while “flying” weights out and over chest. Repeat 12 times, do 3 sets.
- Plie Squat with Straight arm raise – Squat down in a plie with 8 – 10 lb weights in hand, raise weights to side (keeping slight bend in arms), stand up to start position. Repeat 15 times, do 3 sets.
Do you have any good exercises to incorporate into a Total Body workout?
We’re meeting with the first of a few DJ’s tomorrow night, any suggestions on the “right” questions to ask??