Welcome back from the Christmas celebrations!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, enjoyed the holidays with friends, family, food, fun, and lots of festivities. I took an extra day off so I’m lounging around this morning, getting my fiance’s birthday present organized, hit the gym, then off to meet my cousin/maid-of-honor for lunch.
Time to get back on track to some healthy and regular eating, so I started the day off with some fruit and yogurt.
Ingredients (adapted from Cooking Light)
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 2 tsp van extract)
- 3 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in one bowl. Combine sugar, oil, and extract and one egg at a time, mixing a little in between each egg.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients until well-blended (dough will be dry and crumbly). Stir in chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 7 to 8 times. Divide the dough in half. Shape each portion into an 8-inch-long roll. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Place rolls 6 inches apart on the baking sheet; flatten each roll to 1-inch thickness.
5. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Remove rolls from baking sheet; cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Cut each roll diagonally into 15 (1/2-inch) slices.