Happy Monday All! I hope everyone survived just another manic mondayyyyyyy. Just think…a week from now, hopefully some of you will be enjoying a day off like me!
Here’s a quick and easy recipe for a Meatless Monday Main Dish (adapted from Cooking Light): Shrimp Cesar Salad and the best part is everything was either in the freezer, fridge, or pantry. All I had to do was cook, the easy part!
Shrimp Caesar Salad
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha, I used Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup fat-free seasoned croutons
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 red pepper, sliced into 1/2 in thick strips, sauteed
- Romaine lettuce
- To prepare dressing, combine mayonnaise and next 9 ingredients (through mustard), stirring with a whisk. Refrigerate for a few hours to marinate the flavors, if possible (I did it for 2).
- If shrimp is raw & frozen, thaw under running water for about 10 minutes then cook in a skillet over medium-high heat, sprinkle with salt, and pepper, and paprika, cook til pink.
- To prepare salad, combine croutons, 2 tablespoons cheese, shrimp, and lettuce in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss well to coat. Serve immediately.
The roasted red peppers add great flavor to the salad and the color brighten it up a bit too! The homemade pita chips added a good crunch to the salad, just slice some tortillas up and bake them at 350 for 6 minutes on each side.
Hope you enjoy this quick meatless meal, we ate it with homemade pita chips but a fresh crusty bread would also be great with it. It would also be really nice to chow down on this salad out on our balcony, but the warm winter weather hasn’t been THAT warm. The dinner is on the light side, so ice cream sundaes might have followed…
What’s your go-to Monday night meal?