I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! Saturday was by far the most relaxing day I’ve had in a long time, which was completely necessary. We didn’t leave the apartment until the afternoon and it was just to pick out our wedding bands. We searched around at the typical places and I found the one I love at Ross Simmons, it’s gorgeous and I can’t wait to wear it! It was fun to try on rings together! And really sweet when my fiance said, get the ring you want because we’re wearing this forever, he’s a cutie 🙂
I also went to my parents house and my Mom and I started writing and stuffing invitations, which was really fun and very productive! There is a lot of planning that goes into it, a lot more than we realized! Putting the guest list in alphabetical order, numbering response cards, putting stamps on the reply envelopes, writing the addresses correctly, googling “how to properly address invites” followed by another google of “how to properly stuff invitations” It was fun!
I’m still feeling a bit under the weather so we’re having a chill night of comfort food and movies.
Here’s a great chicken parmesan recipe that I found in my favorite magazine, Cooking Light, but altered a bit to make it to my liking!
Sunday Comfort Food: Chicken Parmesan
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko or Italian breadcrumbs (I used Italian, gotta go for the original)
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (liberal) cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish; place egg whites in a bowl. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Dredge 1 breast half in flour mixture. Dip in egg whites; dredge in breadcrumbs. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken, flour mixture, egg whites, and breadcrumbs.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes. Turn chicken over; cook 2 minutes. Spoon marinara sauce over bottom of oven proof baking dish and place chicken in dish. Top with mozzarella then parmesan.
- Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until chicken is done and cheese is browning.
Eaten with some whole grain bread which I grabbed at Shop Rite right off the cart coming from the bakery. Yes I burnt my hand and yes I may have cut off an old woman to get the bread hot and fresh.
On my lazy Saturday I decided to whip up a batch of biscotti, I cut the recipe in half and used dark chocolate. We still have white chocolate macadamia cookies lying around but biscotti freeze well so good to have in case I can’t spend some time in the baking department in the next few weeks.
What’s your favorite comfort food?
If you’re married, did you write out your own invitations?